Monday 21 March 2011

My magazine addiction !

My name is Sharon and I am a magazine addict!  There, I have said it.

I have loved magazines for as long as I can remember.  I think it must be my mums fault, she always had magazines under the coffee table when I was young and I used to read them all...Good Housekeeping, Prima, Essentials.

At some point and I think it was when I was 16 and started catering college I discovered Good Food Magazine.  After buying that first copy, I have bought every edition since.  I just cant help it. 

Over the years there have been other food magazines but nothing beats Good Food.  There are however a couple of others I buy religiously and have done since they were first published.  I want to share these with you.

BBC GOOD FOOD - this is a good all-rounder magazine with a bit of everything, recipes, reviews, debates, gadgets and profiles.  Its packed with recipes both for everyday meals and recipes for entertaining or for when you want something a bit special.

DELICIOUS - Not too different from Good Food magazine but the style is a bit different.  The photography is fantastic, it makes you want to eat the pages!! There are alot more articles about various food issues.  There is also always a section on travel, i.e this month its 48 hours in Bath with all the food hot spots highlighted.


OLIVE - The cover photo on this magazine is always amazing, however if you go and buy this in the shops the cover will be different to the photo above.  That's because I have a subscription and the cover is always different for subscribers.  This magazine has far more emphasis on eating out, restaurant reviews, and travel articles.  There are also lots of great recipes and again great photography.



HEALTHY FOOD GUIDE - This is a brand new magazine and this is the first issue.  I am unfortunately dairy intolerant so I bought it initially hoping that there would be good dairy free recipes in the magazine.  Luckily there was but I also found everything else really interesting.  There are alot of articles on health i.e "Are your hormones making you fat?".  Every recipe has got symbols with it i.e dairy free, gluten free, low fat, low salt, high protein etc.  I will be adding this one to my regular magazines.

Sharon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment