Tuesday 15 March 2011

Red Velvet Birthday Cake

For those of you who don't know, I think I have the best husband in the world.  Not only is he good looking, intelligent, and treats me like a Queen, he can also cook.

I'm not just talking about the occasional spag bol either.  Last weekend it was his mothers birthday so being the fantastic son he is - he baked her a cake.

Its a Red Velvet Cake.  The recipe he used is in The Hummingbird Bakery book.  The frosting is cream cheese frosting.

We had Red Velvet cupcakes at our wedding last year and its my favourite.  I don't often eat cake so I made sure I had two slices to make up for it.  I dread to think how many weight watchers points that is!!!

1 comment:

  1. Gemma says WOW that looks yummy. Almost eating the picture xx

    ReplyDelete