Wednesday 9 March 2011

My first post

So here I am writing the first post on my first ever blog.  This has been something I have wanted to do for ages but have never quite got round to it.  One of the reasons for that is that I'm not overly great on computors, so on that note I must ask you to bear with me.  I hope that my 'blogging' skills will improve as I learn.

Im going to use this first post to tell you some more about me and my husband.  I have always had an interest in food and by that I dont just mean eating it but reading about it aswell.  I have always been hooked on food magazines. I have read every copy of BBC Good Food magazine for the last 21 years.  I went to catering college for 3 years at the age of 16 and loved every minute of it.

I have one main hobby - I collect cook books.  At the last count I had around 125.  I will never tire of cook books and there is always one or two on my christmas list.

My husband Craig and I love to have what we call little 'food adventures'.  It might be a visit to a wonderful restaurant for a special occasion, or hunting out a speciality food shop we have read about.  You can guarentee though that wherever we go food is involved in some way.

So I want to share these adventures with you.  This blog is going to be a place where I write reviews of restaurants we have visited whether good or bad, recipes we have cooked, shops we have found and new ingriedients we have tried.

I hope you enjoy reading.

Sharon x

No comments:

Post a Comment