Thursday 10 March 2011

Wildwood, Maidstone

So last night was my first night out since I started this blog (only a few hours earlier!).  I was really excited about taking some photos of the food and posting them here with a write up.  So guess what, I forgot!!  I was too busy chatting with my two girlfriends to remember, and I hadn't told them about the blog so I couldn't be prompted.

Wildwood is part of a small chain of restaurants.  It’s the kind of place that’s good for an inexpensive night out with a group of friends.

We all opted to go straight to the main course.  For me Spaghetti with prawns, chilli, cream and garlic.  When the waiter took the order I casually mentioned that I wanted lots of chilli.  Well the chef was told this and he literally put in I’m guessing 2 chillies sliced up in rings.  It was too much for a pasta dish.  Apart from that the dish was nice, nothing special but not awful either.  The girls also both had a pasta dish.  The mushroom ravioli was heavy on the filling and a bit claggy.  We also had a rocket salad to go with the pasta which was nice and fresh.

For dessert we ordered 2 chocolate and raspberry sundaes between the 3 of us.  I rarely order a pudding, opting for coffee instead so I didn’t eat too much however it was yummy.

3 main courses, 4 drinks, 2 desserts and 3 coffees came to £47.05 not including a service charge.  We did have a voucher for 2 mains for £10 so it would usually be a little more but still great value.

Wildwood is somewhere that I have been going to for the last few years and will continue to visit.  It’s a nice casual place that always has a good atmosphere and the waiting staff are always great.

http://www.wildwoodrestaurants.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment