Tuesday 15 March 2011

Zizzis at The 02

I don't get to see my sister very often but last weekend she came to stay for a couple of days without the family so we had plenty of girly time.

Our weekend started on Friday evening with tickets to see Westlife in concert at The 02.  The plan was to drive up early and have dinner in one of the restaurants on site.  To be honest I was not expecting anything more than a mediocre meal in a chain restaurant.  Well we did eat in a chain restaurant however it was much better than mediocre.

After walking around and checking out a few menus we settled on Zizzis.  It was the busiest of all of them so we decided this was a good sign.

We started with a selection of breads while we were looking at the menu.  This came with both balsamic vinegar and olive oil to mix in a little bowl.  I still haven't got into the habit of taking pictures so by the time I remembered we had nearly polished of the whole lot....whoops.
Then onto our main course.  I ordered Linguine Gamberi which is juicy tiger prawns and fresh tomatoes in a tomatoes sauce with a touch of chili. It was really good.
My sister ordered Sea Bass Al Vino (Sea bass with wine, garlic, baby plum tomatoes and parsley and topped with a big wedge of lemon. Served with herbed potatoes).  It looked delicious and she said it tasted fantastic.

 We decided to share a dessert as we were both quite full by this point.  We had the Torta Amaretti which is
Creamy mascarpone cheesecake sweetened with Amaretti liqueur, served with a fruit compote and fresh mint. I'm not really a dessert person but this was so good.
We had coffee to finish while we waited for the bill.  I have to admit I don't remember the exact amount the bill came to but it was around £50.  This included all of the above plus a glass of wine, a diet coke, 2 beers, a vodka & coke and a latte.

If I happen to be at The 02 again I will be more than happy to return to Zizzis for a meal.  The food and service were both excellent and it made a good start to our evening.

In case your wondering, Westlife were very good and I'm sure one of them saw me in the crowd and blew me a kiss - unfortunately it was the gay one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment