Monday 11 April 2011

Spanish Roast Chicken

We eat a lot of chicken in this house, we all love it.  But I have to be honest it can get a bit boring.  I often buy a whole chicken and roast it to have with vegetables, potatoes and gravy and then strip the carcass for a second meal the next day.  I also nearly always make chicken stock from the carcass and put it in the freezer.

Or I will buy a couple of chicken breasts to make either stir fry, curry or fajitas.

I bought a whole chicken last week but I really fancied a bit of a change so I got on the Internet and searched for a new recipe.  I had a look on Jamie Oliver's website and found a recipe for Spanish Roast Chicken.  It had all the flavours we love, lemons, garlic, choritzo and potatoes.  I wont post the recipe as I'm still not sure if I am allowed to but here is a link instead Spanish-roast-chicken



Above are photos of the chook in all its naked glory ready to go in the oven (and yes that is a lemon up its bum!)



And here is the cooked chook.  It was delicious and I will be using this recipe again.  I have to confess to putting some gravy on it which I don't recommend; why cover up all those beautiful flavours.

Try it, you wont regret it.

Sharon x

No comments:

Post a Comment