Thursday 28 April 2011

My Royal Wedding Survival Kit

I am one of the many thousands of people in this country and around the world who is really looking forward to the royal wedding tomorrow.  Having got married myself only last year the whole wedding thing still excites me.  And to be honest with all the gloom and doom that gets reported on the news from all around the world I think its fantastic to have something happy to celebrate tomorrow.

Anyway, onto the reason for this blog post.  As you may recall my husband is away on a 3 week business / pleasure trip (coming home on Sunday and I cant wait).  He knows how much I have been looking forward to the wedding and to be honest the only good thing about him being away at the moment is that I get to watch the coverage on TV tomorrow for as long as I like.  I told him before he went that I would be getting up and plonking myself on the sofa and I'm not moving until the road sweepers move in to clear up afterwards.

So, while speaking to him on Skype (amazing invention) yesterday I mentioned that I needed to go out and get my self a bottle of the bubbly stuff so I could toast the royal couple.  At this he said to me "do you want a present?"  On his instructions off I went upstairs, in his wardrobe, at the back, behind the shoes to find a box wrapped up in pink paper which I brought back downstairs so he could see me open it via Skype.

Inside was a "Royal Wedding Survival Kit". Inside the box there was union jack bunting, union jack flacks, red & white streamers, tissues, just married balloons, chocolate mini eggs, 2 x packets of crisps, a packet of cookies and a half bottle of Lanson Rose Champagne.

I am so lucky to have such a thoughtful husband.  I know to others it sounds daft but I think its great and now I am all kitted out for a whole mornings worth of watching.  All I need now are my best pajamas.

Thanks Craig, you made my day xxxxxxxxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment