Sunday 24 April 2011

Baking with my Niece

I don't get to see my sister and her family to often even though they only live an hour and a half away.  Anyway as its a long weekend we have come down to stay overnight.  I thought it would be nice to spend a bit of quality time with my niece by doing some baking.

I don't normally do baking as I have never been very good at it; give me a casserole to cook any day.  Anyway I didn't think cooking a casserole in this weather would be much fun for an 11 year old so cupcakes it is.

We did 2 different types of cakes - Vanilla Cupcakes from the new Hummingbird Bakery Book, Cakedays and Chocolate Fudge cupcakes from an old BBC Good Food magazine.

Gemma had great fun decorating the cakes with all sorts of pretty bits and now the result is  33 cup cakes to share between 6 of us!!!!! I feel a bit full just thinking about it.

Here are some photos of the results.




No comments:

Post a Comment