Monday 17 October 2011

Cadbury Cocoa House, Bluewater

Last weekend Craig and I had a Sunday afternoon shopping at Bluewater shopping center in Kent.  We arrived around lunchtime so that we could get a bite to eat first before we started on the shops.

We decided that we only wanted something light rather than a full meal so we chose the Cadbury Cocoa House.  Its a fairly recent addition to Bluewater and we had not eaten there before or even know anyone who had, so we were trying it out without any pre conceptions at all.  I had had a peak inside previously when I have walked past and thought it looked good.



When we arrived every table was already taken and the only option was to be seated at one of the high marble topped tables with tall stools.  Normally I hate sitting on these as I find them uncomfortable however I was very surprised to find that they were actually just fine.

A waitress came over to give us our menus.  All the waitresses are dressed in really cute old fashioned tea shop uniforms complete with hairbands.  This sets them apart from other cafes I thought and it was a nice touch.

The menu had plenty to choose from including a whole page of chocolate drinks.  Funnily enough I'm not really into chocolate so I stuck to black coffee however Craig decided to order a Rich Malted Milk hot drink.  It arrived in a big thick white mug, piled high with cream.  Not my thing at all but Craig loved it (he is a real chocoholic)



To eat I went for a Club Sandwich.  This came presented on a wooden board with a little basket of fries. These were hot and crisp and really good.  The sandwich was on white bread (brown is also on offer) and was filled with boiled egg slices, chicken, tomato, and bacon.  It was a nice sandwich although nothing out of the ordinary.  But there was nothing wrong with it either and I would order it again.



Craig had the Fish Finger Sandwich which also came with chips.  Two fillets of fish freshly fried and served in a floured bap.  He absolutely raved about the sandwich.  It was hot, fresh and homemade.  Again the chips were good. A little pot of tomato ketchup also came on the board.




The food, drinks, service and atmosphere at the Cocoa House were all really good and I would say its a great choice for somewhere to eat if you are at at Bluewater.  They also do a great range of breakfast dishes and afternoon teas which we intend to try on another occasion.

Cadbury Cocoa House

Sharon x

1 comment:

  1. I've had afternoon tea there Sharon, and its really good. A nice selection of sanwiches and cakes and you can choose any drink on the menu to go with which is nice if you don't like tea.

    ReplyDelete